Monday, August 19, 2002

Could I Get Competency With That?

Dear Wendy's,

Would it kill you to put someone who speaks English as their native language in the drive-up window? Because I have a hard enough time understanding those who can. Conversation with anyone else who can't is downright impossible. For example:

Speaker: Hello, welcome to Wendy's, can I take your order?

Me: Yes, I'd like a biggy fry.

S: Is that all?

M: No, I'd like a Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe, but I want that in a meal. Do you have a meal for that?

S: (pause) O.K.

Readout: Biggie Fry, Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger.

Me: No, I didn't want the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger. I wanted the Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe.

S: (pause) O.K.

Readout: Biggie Fry, Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe.

Me: Great, but I wanted that in a meal. You know, like a meal deal, but I don't see one listed. Do you have one of those in a meal but not a Kid's Meal (tm.)?

S: Uhhhhhh (long pause) ... let me check.

Readout: Biggie Fry, Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe, MILK.

Me: Jesus Christ, take the milk and the Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe off and just give me the damn #1 with cheese, O.K.?


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?