Sunday, September 22, 2002

Thanks.

I just wanted to say "thank you" to EA for being big honking cocks and publishing a game they knew was unfinished. I bought Battlefield 1942 today, which to be honest really just should have been called Medal of Honor: Battlefield. I see no real designation between how this plays and how any of the umpteen million MoH titles play. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, mind you; I like MoH titles. Unfortunately they're all the same. Oh look, a train level. Here's something innovative: sneak into a submarine level! Haven't seen that one in any other MoH games before. Look, it's Omaha Beach! Feels like I was just there. Oh wait, that's because I was. In the last MoH game I played.

But I digress. I would like to know at what point, exactly, did EA decide that it no longer needed to release games that were finished? And I'm not just talking about Battlefield, either. Sims Vacation actually broke people's Sim games by changing what likes and dislikes Sims had, thereby destroying relationships people had worked on for the better part of a year.

Adding insult to injury, the Battlefield patch is not only a 15M file (making it nearly impossible for me to download in a timely fashion from my pathetic 56.6 modem), EA won't even host it on their own damn site.

Excuse me? Didn't I purchase an EA game? I don't recall purchasing a game from File Planet or File Shack. What's the matter? Can't handle the bandwidth of having that same 15M patch downloaded 200,000+ times? I have the perfect solution to solve your bandwidth needs:

STOP PUBLSIHING BROKEN GAMES.

Thank you.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?