Saturday, November 02, 2002

The Lone Wolf Club

Have you ever been drawn into a serial story where the author/director drags you along, unwillingly, by using amazing cliffhangers at the end of every single book/episode?

Well, not only does 24 do that to me on the TV side of thigs, but my most recent and ongoing manga addiction, Lone Wolf and Cub, has me hooked like a junkie looking for his next fix.

At $10 a pop, I've collected roughly 20 of the 24 books in the series. Recently, I've been staying up 'till 1:30 in the morning trying to finish a book a night (I just bought numbers 19-23), because the story is that gripping.

The last time I picked up a handful of LWaC books at Borders, I thought for sure issue 23 was the final in the series (based on the cover art and the fact that there were no more issues on the shelves that came after 23). I get to the end, and after a four year quest for revenge that spanned 23 books, what seems like a fairly definitive end to the series after a massive and epic showdown of swords, I read the words "to be continued." What?!?! There's more, you say? So I scour the comic shops (Borders is now sold out, thanks to me), and manage to find an issue 24. I read it immediately. Want to know how it ends?

TO BE CONTINUED.

Aaaarrrrrghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::dies::


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?