Thursday, January 09, 2003

I'm Walkin' on Air

New Year's Resolution Update:

Not a whole lot to tell for the time being, other than the fact that I've lost three and a half pounds in five days! Woooooooooooooo!. Mind you, I'm well aware that most of that is probably water weight, but still. It feels good to see the scale tip at that number, and it feels even better to pinch myself around the middle and know that there's definitely something missing, and I mean that in the best possible way. After the first day, I had lost a half pound. The very next day, the scale had reported that I had then gained a pound, for a net gain of half a pound. So I started eating smaller portions :D

Oh, and I also ran a mile tonight. For like, the first time in 15 years. Granted, it took me ten minutes, which is a far cry from my personal best of five minutes fifty nine seconds (no, that is not "just six minutes," thankyouverymuch), but then I'm not sixteen years old, either. Maybe I can get it down to within eight or so. I'm really hoping that in a month or two I'll be running two miles in under sixteen minutes, since that's what the military requirement is for making the cut to be a paratrooper.

No, I'm not thinking about joining the Airborne. I just thought that was a good number to shoot for.

More coherent stuff later. I'm working up a strong lather/rant regarding videogames and violence, and I'll probably cross-post it at Game Girl Advance.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?