Tuesday, February 11, 2003

I Suck

I was going to have some nifty before and after photos for you today.

Every time I've ever hit any significant mileage on my cars, I always miss the rollover; my daily commute is so long that I'm frequently driving in a sort of daydreaming state. On my last car, the Celica, I missed the 100,000 mark, and every "tens" number thereafter, all the way 'till 160K. So now that my Civic was rapidly nearing the 100K mark as well, I reminded myself daily this entire week that, "Friday, on your way to work, keep checking the odometer, and have your camera ready to take the 99,999 photo and a 100,000 photo!"

Well, today's Friday, and I'm at work, my odometer reads 100,025 and I don't have any pictures to show for it.

Because I forgot. As usual.

This, among many other things, will be one of my Sisyphian tortures in hell. Driving a car for 100,000 miles, and then forgetting to look down for the reward. Then they'll put me in a brand new car (with no bathroom break, probably) and force me to start driving towards 100,000 again, where I will again be distracted by the cliffs of eternal flame.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?