Monday, May 12, 2003

The Matrix is Telling Me Your Advertising is Limp, and Pathetic

Well, since Lucas has now been dethroned (at least in my opinion, your mileage may vary) as far as special effects and my favorite movies of all time goes, it only stands that he be dethroned in the marketing arena as well. While I'm not a big fan of the Matrix tie-in advertisements (I've only seen the Powerade one, and Heineken, please understand that Trinity is not a fucking barmaid, mkay?), I have to say that I'm pleased that I'm not such a rabid fanboy that I find myself not drooling over the commercials. If anything, it proves to myself that the Matrix movies, insofar as entertainment is concerned, are solid pieces of fiction to watch, and not just powered by fanmania.

And allow me to say how pleased I am that I'm not getting wood over the new Samsung Matrix Phone. If they had done this with the original Matrix phones that popped down, I would have jumped all over that, but those were only usable in Europe and Australia due to crazy FCC signal strength regulations. These new phones look over-designed, and for christ's sake, they don't even have a camera in them. Nokia's already offering video-capture cel phones, and the Matrix Phone doesn't even allow me to take a picture.

If I could talk to Tank on it, well, that would be a different point altogether, wouldn't it.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?