Sunday, June 01, 2003

The Matrix: Revelations

Meditation is a funny thing. About ten years ago I finally learned how to do it, and now I lapse into it whenever there isn't anything very attention-grabbing at the moment. So, I tend to fall into meditative states while driving. Don't worry, it's not what you think. It's a sort of mental trance state where one part of my brain takes over the driving part, freeing up the creative part to do whatever is more interesting. I've heard this happens to a lot of people from time to time, but I go through it on a daily basis for the most part. Driving by yourself in high-speed highway traffic for two hours a day will do that to you.

I've had entire conversations (sometimes out loud) in my car with no one in particular, imagined entire plots for movies or projects, visualized countless music videos to songs. The truth is, I don't remember much of them because as soon as I "snap out of it," and return to normal conciousness, the memory of the vision fades quickly.

But Friday night was quite different. I was trying to figure out what Neo's final story will be in the next Matrix movie, and suddenly the pieces fit. It was like an epiphany. To make sure I didn't lose the memory of it, I called Liz immediately and relayed the story to her, and emailed it when I got home to a co-worker (who's been as interested in discussing Neo's story as I am). I've never been more sure of a future-guess-spoiler in my life. The evidence was two parts Enter the Matrix, one part Animatrix, and countless parts Matrix and Matrix: Reloaded.

I want to post it here, but I don't want to ruin the next movie for anyone else. So what do you think? Do you want to hear it, or no? Weigh in, and I'll give or not give with the skinny.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?