Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Attack of the Mystery Magazine Subscription

So an issue of Blender appeared in my company mailbox this morning, and I have no concrete recollection of every ordering it. My name and my company street addy seem to be in order, and yet I have to say that it's a complete mystery as to how the hell it got there.

I mean, this is like the musical version of Maxim or something, which, by the way, seems to be of the persuasion that the more they assault my eyes with flashy loading screens the more distracted I'll be in my attempts to flee their site. The magazines are no different. Why do they think that unreadable pages filled to capacity with nothing but sidebar information is more captivating than a good article? Oh wait...right. Teenagers.

While I have no doubt that this was one of those "hey, free magazine subscription for industry insiders!" kind of thing that I occassionally sign up for (and later regret), I have to ask: Why, oh why, couldn't I have drunkenly subscribed to a useful magazine???

You know, like Playboy or something.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?