Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Innocent Until Proven -- ahhhh Fuckit

So John Allen Muhammed (the D.C. Sniper) gave his opening statement today*. I dare you to go read it and see just how far you can get through it before you just roll your eyes. It'll be like our little contest. I made it about a quarter of the way through it before I just had to stop the insanity. It's actually worth skim reading it, because the prosecution actually had to interrupt his opening statement because he wasn't following typical opening statement proceedure. So the prosecution is actually helping him here because he's just that stupid.

I mean, you aren't even allowed to object to an opening statement, are you? This should be a lot like watching a two mile long coal train derail in slow-motion.

For once in my life, I'm in favor of completely abandoning the judicial process here, and would give the jurors a standing o' if they just stood up halfway through this travesty and said:

"Hey, can we just skip this b.s. and get straight to the part about this fucker being guilty?"

I mean, if the judge is going to allow the judicial process to be that screwed by allowing Mohammed to represent himself, you might as well go full bore.

* Link via Rick


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?