Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Selling It

I kept forgetting to blog this, but Tim* just reminded me with his most recent blog entry:

The new Quizno's Sandwich Ads.

What the fucking hell is up with those? Mutant Hampsters?!? With bad teeth? And horribly misaligned eyes? Singing off key? With capes on? At first, that poor falsetto immediately made me think fondly of Adult Swim, and the varied hilariousness which happens on shows like Spage Ghost and Sea Lab. But then I realized that a horribly ugly mutant hampster that sings off key is not what I want to think about when I'm hungry. And really, seeing that thing actually makes me lose my appetite.

Sure, I remember that it's Quizno's, but I also can remember that I haven't eaten there since those ads started running.

*This only further proves that Tim and I, although friends, seem to have almost nothing in common except for a love of MST3K and the idea that anyone should be free to marry whomever the hell they choose.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?