Sunday, February 27, 2005

Thoughts From This Weekend

If you're not watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, you're missing what is possibly the greatest modern animated series on television right now. Great effects, great characters (design and acting), great animation, an epic plot, great fight sequences.

It's like Miyazaki is doing a kung-fu epic, only it's not Miyazaki, or Kung-Fu.

______________________________________________________________

Chris Rock can kiss my ass, as can the Oscars. I actually stopped watching it after Best Female. I mean, first off, I didn't see any but one of the films this year (even though I'd still like to catch Aviator), and second off, it was insulting enough in years previous that they'd give the "also ran" Oscars about fifteen seconds of speech time.

Now they don't even get to take the stage?

And Hollywood wonders why people (like me) think they're elitist fuckwads?

Don't even get me started on the "technical" Oscars.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?