Sunday, April 24, 2005

Thoughts on Empire

So The Empire Strikes Back was playing on Fox (I think) this afternoon, and a bunch of stuff came up:

1). Stewie, the little baby on Family Guy, is like an evil C3PO in an infant's body. The accent, the timbre of the voice, they're nearly identical. At least to me.

2). Empire Carpet ads played throughout the showing. Normally I don't even "hear" Empire ads, because they originated here, and I've grown up on them. But uh, I guess The Empire is expanding. Someone needed to carpet and put blinds up in the windows of the Death Star.

3). Okay, you know the conversation where Yoda and Luke are talking about lifting the X-Wing out of the muck? Goes like this:

LUKE: (focusing, quietly) All right, I'll give it a try.
YODA: No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

The next time you watch the movie and want to riff it, try having Luke say the following line:

LUKE: Uh, okay, sure. I'll try er...give that a shot then.

4). Muppet Yoda still rules over CG Yoda, and Luke not screaming like a cheerleader is still preferable to the version they showed this time.


Comments:
And may I say A-freaking-MEN to #4? Thank you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?