Monday, February 13, 2006

Much Ado

Look, I'm not one to just come out and call someone a liar, but is anyone else believing that Michelle Kwan is actually injured physically? Because I've seen athletes be injured enough to not participate in their chosen field. Ones who complain of groin muscle injuries typically have a certain gait or limp if you will, and I'm not seeing it with Ms. Kwan. Obviously, I'm no expert, but I've injured my crotchular region in that way enough times to recognize how people move when it happens to them.

Here's what I suspect is really going on: She wanted a gold, talked her way onto the team one last time, got there, saw the competition, got cold feet, fell a couple of times due to nerves, felt that her suspicions were confirmed and backed out. Because Olympic champions are people like that U.S. Snowboarder who has an arch injury and a broken hand and still managed to come in 4th place.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?